- To help pupils acquire a systematic body of knowledge and understanding of Physics
- To help pupils appreciate that the concepts of Physics are constantly developing
- To stimulate pupils’ interest in Physics, so encouraging them to undertake further studies
- To encourage an understanding of technological applications of Physics and its importance as a subject of social, economic and industrial relevance.
- To continuously challenge pupils to encourage them to reach their full potential.
In Years 7, 8 and 9 Physics is taught as a separate subject. In Years 10 and 11 either the AQA GCSE or the Edexcel IGCSE can be studied.
Regular parental communications keeps the parent/guardian informed of progress made by each pupil.
Facilities and Resources
- three laboratories and one preparation area,
- three fully equipped ICT laboratories used by both IGCSE and GCSE classes,
- DVD and ICT equipment with interactive white boards are available for use in each laboratory.
- Class sets of data loggers are available for use in each laboratory along with the relevant software.
- Doddle, Boardworks and My Works are available to Years 7 to 11.
The two specifications taught in the department are both fully resourced with modern equipment which is renewed on a regular basis.