AIMS OF THE JUNIOR SCHOOL
In the Junior School our main aim is to promote a caring atmosphere in which all children may flourish and reach their full potential in a happy, secure environment. We encourage respect for others, self-respect, self-discipline and the basic virtues of honesty, fairness and politeness.
We believe in the concept of life-long learning and that learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone. In short, it should be fun. Through our teaching we equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices. We believe that appropriate teaching and learning experiences help children to lead happy and rewarding lives.
PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS
We believe that parents have a fundamental role to play in helping children to learn and we actively encourage dialogue between home and school. We work together to bring out the best in your child. We expect our parents
• To ensure that their child has the best attendance record possible
• To ensure that their child is equipped for school with the correct uniform, PE kit etc.
• To do their best to keep their child healthy and fit to attend school
• To inform school if there are matters outside school that are likely to affect a child's performance or behaviour
• To promote a positive attitude towards school and learning in general
In return you can expect us
• To welcome you and your concerns
• To act in the best interest of your child
• To tell you of concerns when we have them
• To work hard, plan our lessons carefully and mark work regularly
• To report back to you at the appropriate times